Thursday, October 2, 2014

Customer Service Reps Have Power



Wondering what I mean by this? A customer service rep has all of your personal information in their system.  So when you call them cursing, yelling, and screaming; they can easily make matters worse if they want. Remember, they have your address, SSN. . .need I go on? The reps can easily come find you. They can mess up your account, but you want to call cursing them out? That's why whenever I call, I breathe and pray if I get that frustrated. I always keep in mind that I've been on the other side, so I know what they go through. No one REALLY likes dealing with customer service, but unfortunately, we have to. Whatever you're planning on saying that is rude and belligerent, breathe and keep in mind It's not the reps fault your shit doesn't work, so stop it. You look stupid. They get you're frustrated because it doesn't work and you're paying for it. You expect the shit to work. That’s understandable. But what is cursing the rep out going to do. Energy is not destroyed, but it is transferred. So what happens when come across a crazy rep, you now have someone that is looking for you. They know exactly where you live, so now what? Sounds a bit drastic, but speaking from personal experience, there have been a few occasions where I was tempted to do so. Also, don't get upset when the reps or the managers are unable to do something that goes against their policy. I wouldn't risk anything for someone who is not going to take care of me if I lose my job. So I leave you with this; be careful of how you treat people, you never know their mental state.

No comments:

Post a Comment