Thursday, October 9, 2014

This Is Not A Joke. . .



This particular subject is a very serious matter. I don't take it lightly at all. Domestic abuse. I'm not going to sit here and throw all these stats and data at you, but I will say that it has become too common now. What gives a man the right to put his hands on a female? The way I was raised, it's unacceptable behavior. Let me throw this in there too; I don't believe a woman needs to hit a man. When she does she now puts herself in that position of a man and only God knows what will happen. So many women have been in this situation. Women I know personally and am close to have been in this situation so you can imagine how serious I take this. It angers me. There is always some psychological reason as to why men hit women. Some say it's because they've been exposed to it and that's all they know. Maybe it’s an anger issue? I do want to know one thing though; why do some women stay? I can never wrap my mind around it. Maybe it's a self-esteem issue or maybe they're afraid and don't see a way out. Either way, there IS a way out. Leave. Leave and don't look back. No matter how many times he's said he's sorry or how much you love that person. It's bullshit. The one you're with clearly needs help that is beyond your power. At some point you have to choose yourself. If you are in the position to fight back, do it. It is about choosing yourself. Now there are different types of abuse, but I posted links below for anyone who is currently experiencing abuse. Hopefully it helps someone.

Web sources:

Hotline:
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

No comments:

Post a Comment